College & Next
Excellence in college counseling is achieved when students, who are defined by individual differences, are effectively matched with colleges/universities that provide an ideal institutional fit. Such an outcome results from a highly personalized guidance process that begins in the 9th grade. Our professional college counseling staff visits colleges and attends conferences every year to stay up-to-date on current trends in admissions. They continue to build relationships with scores of college admission officers throughout the country, providing ever growing opportunities for our students.
MDYHS College Guidance Department:
• Provides highly individualized counseling focused on students’ interests, personality, and intellectual goals.
• Provides colleges with a comprehensive view of each student, made possible by the intimate nature of our school and College Guidance staff-to-student ratio.
• Actively conveys the unique attributes of each student to college admissions officers.
• Facilitates the creation of in-depth letters of recommendation from faculty and college counselors; these letters are highly regarded by college admissions officers.
• Hosts numerous college representatives and Israeli Yeshiva and Seminary representatives on site to meet personally with our students.
MDYHS students get into some of the most prestigious colleges and are granted millions of dollars worth of merit scholarships.
97% of the Class of 2020 are pursuing higher education.
College Acceptances, 2015 - 2020
- Adelphi University
- Bar-Ilan University
- Barnard College
- Baruch College - CUNY
- Borough of Manhattan Community College - CUNY
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Bronx Community College - CUNY
- Brooklyn College - CUNY
- City College of New York - CUNY
- College of Staten Island - CUNY
- Cornell University
- Drexel University
- Duke University
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia Community College - CUNY
- Fordham University
- Georgetown University
- Hofstra University
- Hostos Community College - CUNY
- Hunter College - CUNY
- Indiana University - Bloomington
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice - CUNY
- Johns Hopkins University
- Kingsborough Community College - CUNY
- Lehman College - CUNY
- LIM College (Laboratory Institute of Merchandising)
- Long Island University, Brooklyn
- Macaulay Honors College (at several CUNY campuses)
- Manhattan College
- Marymount Manhattan College
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Medgar Evers College - CUNY
- Monmouth University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York City College of Technology - CUNY
- New York Institute of Technology
- New York School of Interior Design
- New York University
- Northeastern University
- Northwestern University
- Pace University, New York City
- Pennsylvania State University
- Pratt Institute
- Princeton University
- Queens College - CUNY
- Queensborough Community College - CUNY
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick
- School of Visual Arts
- Stella and Charles Guttman Community College - CUNY
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- St. John’s University
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY Binghamton
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Stony Brook
- Syracuse University
- The Institute of Culinary Education
- The New School - All Divisions (including Parsons School of Design)
- University of Hartford
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Miami
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Virginia
- Yeshiva University
- Midreshet Eshel
- Midreshet Moriah
- Midreshet Amit
- Moreshet Yerushalayim
- Torat Sharaga
- Yesod Hatorah
- Netiv Aryeh
- Eres Hatzevi
- Mikdash Melech
MDYHS is a college ready and resume driven program. Through our NEXT program students discover their passions, network with professionals and pursue internships in their areas of interest. Above all, they learn that success requires planning, action, reflection and growth.
The program begins with Discovery; students are encouraged to learn about themselves and their interests. At our Power Lunches (or power zoom sessions!), professionals from a wide variety of fields share their experiences and offer guidance and advice. Workshops are offered so students can work on resume writing, interviewing skills and public speaking. Students apply for internships in their field of interests and are asked to reflect on their work experience through journaling and regular meetings with NEXT staff advisors.
Above all, we are supporting our students’ growth and development as they proceed to graduation and take their NEXT steps.