Description: A two year curriculum, covering numerous critical topics and concepts of Jewish thought, which form the underpinnings of the basic faith of a Jew.
Objectives: Students will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the basic tenets of Judaism.
- Develop a love and appreciation for G-d, the Jewish nation, and themselves.
- Be capable of applying their knowledge of Judaism to their everyday lives.
- Learn to critically analyze texts of both medieval and contemporary commentators.
- Become sufficiently equipped with the ability to express their opinion in a properly developed argument.
For 12th grade students, MDYHS uses a brand new curriculum on Science & Torah, created by the famed Jewish scientist, Professor Nathan Aviezer.
Course of study
11th Grade : Understanding G-d
- Free Will
- Divine Providence
- Reward & Punishment
- Prayer/Mashiah/Olam Haba
12th Grade: Relating to non-Jews
- Jews with Different Views
- Emunat Hakhamim
- Ta’ame Hamisvot
- Science & Religion