The Office of Career Services at Magen David Yeshivah High School provides comprehensive and innovative career development services to all students in grades 9-12 for the purpose of supporting the school’s college-ready and resume-driven focus.
Programs and services are continually assessed and tailored to meet the developmental, academic, and personal needs of each individual student in a supportive, learning-centered environment. In collaboration with faculty, staff, families, and community members, students will work with one-on-one, group, and electronic modalities to become competent and confident members of the workforce in the future.
The principles that guide the purposeful programming and advising of students is based on:
- Developing self-knowledge related to career exploration and choice;
- Promoting self-advocacy and empowerment around the career choice process;
- Obtaining educational and occupational information to aid in career and educational planning;
- Selecting suitable academic programs and experiential education opportunities that optimize future educational and employment options;
- Connecting students with alumni, employers, professional organizations, and others who can help develop professional interests and competencies;
- Integrating academic experiences with specific career exploratory opportunities;
- Encouraging and supporting student involvement in co-curricular activities that help to enhance personal experiences and skill development.
During each academic year, the Office of Career Service will use a theme to guide their practices and marketing of programs and services to the student body. The theme for the 2017-2018 academic year will be Self-Advocacy and Promotion.