The mission of our school is to produce broadly educated, ethical, self-confident and compassionate Torah observant Jews, committed to lifelong learning, community service and personal growth.
As a school anchored in Jewish law, we are committed to ensuring that each student receives a comprehensive dual-curriculum education, rooted in Sephardic tradition, and emphasizing academic excellence, creativity and intellectual curiosity. As a community, we equip our students with the ability to confidently interact with an ever-changing modern world through the prism of Torah values, and to cultivate within them a deep understanding of and love for the people, land and State of Israel.
We implement this vision using the following 7 Goals:
- Enhance academics to ensure that each and every ‘student’ has a ‘meaningful learning experience’.
- Ensure that each and every student is ‘supported’ in their ‘personal’ quest for ‘success’.
- Enrich the High School Experience, allowing each student to fully explore their area of interest.
- Engage and inspire each and every student to make a commitment to Magen David Yeshivah, the Sephardic Community, ‘Jewish’ life, the Jewish people, Israel, and humanity.
- Empower and Encourage the development of the next generation of ‘Community’ ‘leaders’.
- Extend to become the ‘Kesher’, a valued ‘collaborator’ in the extended community, in general, and in specific, the Sephardic voice for the ‘Sephardic Community’ on college campuses and globally.
- Exist in the long term by creating a sustainable business model.
MDYHS is proud to be Middle States Accredited.